Your audience will now have an easier time loading your automated presentations, even on slower internet connections. These tech improvements are happening behind the scenes, so you won't see anything new, and neither will your audience.
Automated Event Streaming Improvements
Introducing the Series event type
With a Series, you can keep people registered across a group of live, scheduled sessions.
This series functionality isn't new, but the added event type will make it easier to stay organized.
Any of your existing Live events with Series mode enabled have been automatically converted into Series events.
All other previously created Live events will be labeled as Standard events.
Auto-hide controls in the room to increase content visibility
When something visual is being shared, all buttons and widgets within the content area of the room will now hide automatically with mouse inactivity in order to make sure all content is visible.
Drive more engagement with these chat & resource improvements
We made some helpful improvements in the room that should drive more engagement on your events!
Watch this video below for a quick overview:
Here's what's new…
- Visual improvements to the chat area
- Performance & speed enhancements
- A better way to create & manage resources
- Reimagined featured actions that stay pinned to the bottom of the room
- Better organization for Polls and Handouts
- Improved Emoji Reactions
- Ability to privately mention someone in a public chat
- …And more!
Edit and manage your event admins with more control
Based on feedback, we made a variety of improvements to the Event Admins block within the customize section of your event overview area.
Here's a quick summary of what's new:
- Manage & disable admin notifications
- See the event Hosts for live events
- Edit any admin to change their name, email, or role
- Quickly copy an admin's join link or resend their invitation email
- See the admin's email address in the list to make sure it's correct
Note: Admin notification emails will no longer be sent to all account users for Automated Events. Only invited moderators will receive reminder notifications.
A better way to manage People 👤
If you jump into any of your events, you might've noticed a brand new Activity tab. We want this to become the central hub from where you'll be able to view activity across that specific event.
We're starting with the People area — you can track & manage people right from within your event as they register, attend, and miss your sessions.
We put together a detailed blog post going over the new update, as well as outlining how this sets the foundation for things to come.
P.S. Keep an eye out for the next additions to the Activity area that we're planning to launch over the coming months!
A more intuitive event room for a more intuitive experience! 🖥
We made some improvements to our Event Room that should make running webinars on Demio even easier, especially for any first-time presenters.
We wanted to make everything easier to access and understand!
Here's a quick list of things that have changed:
- the Start/End Session button is located in the top-left for easy access
- the microphone/webcam controls now sit at the center of your screen
- an easy-access sharing options menu allows you to quickly start sharing any slide/video materials, or use the direct screen share options
- a dedicated Manage People area allows you to quickly view/search/manage any Attendees and fellow Event Admins
P.S. We've also put together a quick 2-minute video to show you around if you'd like:
Complete Safari/Edge Support! 🙌
Back in January, we announced Safari/Edge support as a beta feature. There was just one major caveat: there would be a 15-second delay for any attendees in either of those browsers.
After a lot of work on our end and some important updates from Apple & Microsoft, we're proud to announce:
Attendees can now join your webinars in Safari & Edge (or any other major browser) without any delay, both from desktop and mobile. 🎉
Moderators and Presenters will also be able to join in Safari via laptop or desktop computer.
Lastly, your attendees can now join right within other applications' built-in browsers. With a single click from popular apps such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Slack, etc, your registrants will be logged into the room, engaging & interacting within seconds.
What this means for you:
- We have removed the Beta toggle for additional browser support. All of your events will have this update automatically, and it's no longer an optional setting.
- We'll be discontinuing our mobile app on iOS. Since all attendees can join in the browser now on mobile, there's no need for anyone to download a mobile app. This will allow us to put more time and focus into other areas of our product.
In the near future, we'll be releasing screen sharing support in Safari for Presenters. Right now, presenters will not have the ability to share their screen in Safari.
Easily grab an event's registration link
We made a minor improvement to upcoming sessions on your dashboard. From the drop down menu, you'll now have an option to 1-click copy the registration page URL for that event.
Note: This feature only exists for single sessions right now, but we'll be adding it to recurring session blocks in the near future.
Improving the Presenter Experience 💯
We've just revamped our Event Gateway/Settings modal—this is the modal that any presenters will see when they first join an event or when adjusting their room settings.
Here's a quick breakdown of the major changes:
1. The connectivity test has been improved to more accurately determine your connection to Demio's streaming servers. It should give any presenters an improved reading on their ability to stream.
We've also expanded the test to include additional details related to your audio/video streaming capabilities.
2. The new gateway will allow presenters to select and enable their preferred devices prior to joining the room.
Any devices that are toggled ON will be enabled when they enter the room to streamline the experience.
3. The new gateway will automatically detect when a presenter doesn't have the correct browser permissions enabled.
In these situations, we'll prompt the presenter to enable the required permissions to allow for a smooth presentation experience.
The new gateway modal will automatically be shown to any presenters upon joining an event with the new settings modal being shown to all users (presenters, moderators, and attendees).